Doug holds a BA (Social Science) degree from the University of the Witwatersrand and an MBL from the University of South Africa. He is a Certified Professional Co-active Coach (CPCC), through the Coaches Training Institute of California.
With a total of 30 years' experience, Doug has held management positions in Human Resources, Industrial Relations and Training and that of HR Director. His experience has been gained in the Pharmaceutical, Property, FMCG, Legal and Mining Industries. He has:
- represented employers at national union negotiations;
- been a management witness in reported Labour Court cases;
- represented employers at the CCMA in Conciliations, Arbitrations and dispute and wage mediations;
- published articles on coaching and appeared before the Parliamentary Labour Portfolio Committee on Labour Broking in SA;
- implemented major labour restructuring exercises, involving the outsourcing of staff and the introduction of outsourced service providers and facilities management companies;
- extensive experience of HR Administration, Remuneration, Staff Benefits and Performance Management Systems.